- Assist company management in accomplishing production schedules & goals.
- Understands metal drawing, stamping process and measuring methods, uses his/her professional discipline and judgment to complete tasks in a timely manner.
- The Setter/Operator is accountable for ensuring that assigned production for shift is executed, assisting fellow employees, and making quality decisions in press department.
- Understand work instructions, read blue prints and use his/her initiative to follow the production schedule.
- Strictly follow company quality procedures to protect company’s interest at all times.
- Ensure all OSHA safety procedures are properly followed and use protective equipment where necessary in performing daily work.
- Carry-out required maintenance on machines/auxiliary equipment. Record activities in Maintenance Log.
- Request raw materials from warehouse through SAP; verify the material type and dimensions before use.
- Set-up, trouble-shoot, and adjust tooling to meet customer requirements.
- Record coil changes, tooling changes, and adjustments in Tooling Log.
- Accurately record tooling removal from inventory in tool tower. Ensure that Supervisor is aware of items which need ordered. Work with Supervisor to verify print correctness of items being ordered.
- Record stroke counts and scrap as required in production logs or SAP.
- Consult with supervisors and engineering on tooling modifications or permanent changes.
- Measure and evaluate product to maintain visual and dimensional requirements against customer print.
- Use gages, SPC principles and Stueken’s quality system inspection plans to manage process.
- Accurately record dimensional data.
- Support plant activities in maintaining quality registration, not limited to; TS 16949, ISO 14001, ISO 13485.
- Participate in internal quality audits and training where applicable.
- Support process improvement activities as directed by management.
- Maintain high standards of housekeeping throughout the plant following 5S principles.
- Work well with others in a team environment, assist colleagues where required to maintain production.
- Understand product functionality, manufacturing and customer expectations.
- Train new employees and coach existing employees.
- Recommend preventative solutions to eliminate defects in new or existing products.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Requires basic math and computer skills.
- Must be able to organize and prioritize work in a multi-tasking environment.
- Proficient in maintenance, setup, and development of new and existing tooling.
- Strongly prefer Deep Drawn and Progressive metal stamping background with small to medium size presses.
- Duties include and are not limited to: see, talk, stand, walk, lift, twist and bend.
- Frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts, vibrations and hazardous materials.
- Must be able to lift and/or move 25 kilograms and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 kilograms.
STÜKEN offers a competitive salary and generous benefits package including the following:
- Group health coverage (medical, dental, & vision)
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Pre-tax Health Spending Account
- 401(k) plan (with company match)
- Company provided short-term & long-term disability insurance & life insurance
- Ten (10) paid holidays
- PTO (Paid Time Off)
The email to inquire or apply for this job opening is